Monday, February 04, 2008

Our Superbowl Sunday

So....they lost. The New England Patriots lost the Superbowl. Honestly, I don't really care as I am not a huge football fan, but my husband's disappointment was palpable. The boys and I consoled him, and this morning we declared it "Mopey Monday." Just a day to allow the loss to sink in so we can all move on. Congrats to any Giants fans out there. I never watch football, but I watched this and I could appreciate the craft of a well-played, well-matched game.

In order to take the edge off, and add some perspective, here are some photos of our pre-game festivities, when the possibility of a historical 19-0 season was spread out before us like a blanket of...of untouched guacamole.

I think the most consoling words I can think to offer my husband. The most compassion for this that I can muster, are these.:

Pitchers and catchers report to spring training in two weeks.



1 comment:

piscesgrrl said...

My husband, a rabid Packers fan, actually felt some empathy for Patriots fans last night, knowing how crushing the loss must've been. After the Packers lost the championship game, our house was in mourning too. As for me....

Pass the guacamole!