Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday Fill-Ins

1. My car is a van and is treated like an addition to our small home.

2. Apple-picking is coming up next.

3. Lately, things seem calmer and more balanced. Just the way I like it.

4. The beach is one of my favorite 'hiding' places.

5. What happened to people seeing the world as the place to explore and discover, grow and learn and not just what you go out and see if you have time.

6. Restoring balance after a busy summer is not impossible!

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to the observatory at the science museum and seeing the Omni film "Antarctica", tomorrow my plans include throwing a birthday bash for my "little" boy and Sunday, I want to have the grandparents over for lobster and watch my boy play soccer!

3 comments:

Ronnie said...

We feel the same way about our van. It's not hard to do when you spend half your life in there. :-)

debra said...

I remember when my car was Mom's Cafe on Wheels, and when car-schooling was our way of doing things. If the activity/event was something we in which we were interested, and affordable, it just sounded far!

Now my youngest is at NBTS Camp in VT and my oldest is in college in NYC. This is the first time in 22 years that there haven't been children's voices in this old house.

Happy birthday to you all !

Laura/CenterDownHome said...

Hi Christa -- I saw you disappeared from facebook, and I hope everything is okay. Sending love and light, miss you --

Laura